We're so excited to have just released our very first pair of pants. They were created with a manufacturing partner in Toronto who we worked with to develop the design and five ego-friendly sizes. These hemp and organic cotton pants are indicative of our dedication to sustainable fabrics. So here's a bit more about hemp, one of the oldest fibres on earth.
Hemp has been called the sustainable wonder crop and we love it for its strength and versatility. It’s also been used for clothing for centuries. Combined with organic cotton, our hemp fabrics are durable and comfortable.
- Grows like a weed: Hemp grows in almost any condition without the need for chemicals and pesticides. It is a renewable resource that can be cultivated in as little as 100 days.
- So green: Hemp can produce 250% more fibre than cotton and uses half the amount of water than cotton to thrive. And it’s biodegradable
- Hypo-allergenic and non-irritating to the skin.
- It breathes well. It is recommended for warm, humid climates as the fabric resists mildew and absorbs moisture.
- Natural UV resistance provides protection for your skin from the sun
- Gets softer with use
- So strong: Hemp is one of the strongest fibres around and four times stronger than wool or cotton.
- Holds dyes and colour amazingly well for years without fading.
Check out our awesome hemp joggers.